Sunday, January 5, 2014

Luca Sarno
class:808





                                                                 Reading Response


In my book Allegiant by Veronica Roth the main character is Tris a young woman who has been running away from enemy forces and fighting for her life.  Tris is dealing with seeing one of her very good friends die right before her eyes, and on top of that most of her friends believe that it was her who killed their good friend.

So far throughout the book Tris has been struggling to survive living off the berries that she finds in the forest and now Tris believes that it would be best if she parted ways with the group.  "I know I should leave, but I have to stay in this moment for a little while, feeling its significance."(Roth 81)  Tris' goal is to shut down the entire dauntless operation "It's nine o'clock.  They could be deciding Caleb's verdict right now, as I tie my shoes, as I straighten my sheets for the fourth time today.  I put my hands through my hair.  The factionless only make trials private when they feel the verdict is obvious, and Caleb was Jeanine's right-hand man before she was killed."(Roth 52)  This quote shows how much Tris cares about the people that she knows and the people that have helped her over the years and over the duration of her long journey.

I chose to write about this book because it's genre and story line are two things that really drew me toward reading this book.  Also I have read the other two books in this series and I really thoroughly enjoyed reading them so I wanted to give the next book in the series a try, and I also did enjoy reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment